The Summary Links Web Part can be used to either show links to content (pages or files) or to display people. In this article we are going to show how to use this web part to show links to content.
Other pages you might want to view as well:
- Display a list of or images of people on a page
- The 3 options to display links on a page
Adding a Summary Links Web Part to a page
1. Edit the page, click on the Insert tab, Web Part, Content Rollup category, and choose Summary Links.
2. The summary links Web part should now be displayed on the page. You can add a new link (which will let you choose between link or person), add groups to display links in groupings, configure the styles and layouts (The default is to have an image to the left) and to reorder the links:
3. Choose the Create a link to an item option, enter the Title, Description, Link URL, and Image URL values, click OK.
**Image URL tips: For best results find and upload images to your SharePoint and then link to them. For Summary Links, the best size for the images is 48px by 48px.
Completed Summary Links Web Part (style: Image on left):