Nintex forms allow you to return user profile information for selected users, the user profile information includes their Preferred Name, department, title, phone, email and more. See the User Profile values tutorial for a complete list.
What happens in Nintex forms is when you use a people picker field or a reference to the Current User, the value returned is the full login name for the individual which includes the domain (e.g. domainname\username).
Get persons phone number or other profile value
In this example we are going to be getting the person selected in the person or group field work phone number. See the User profile information tutorial link above for a full list of user profile values you can return. Here’s our example form with no customization’s, as you can see selecting a user does not populate the phone number:
1. We have to use a Calculated Value to get user profile information, so first delete the Phone number field, then drag a calculated value control where the field used to be.
2. You will notice that the calculated value field is not formatted properly though (text displayed in the top right corner). To fix the formatting, click on an existing field on your form (like the Person or Group Field), then click on Format Painter, the click on your new field.
3. This will copy the formatting from the existing field to your new Calculated Value field. The text should now be centered with a light gray background.
4. Double Click on the Calculated Value field to open the Control Settings. Enter a Name for the control and connect it to the field in the list.
5. Click on the Insert Reference icon next to the Formula field. In the Formula Builder popup window, click on the Runtime Functions tab, then double-click the userProfileLookup function to insert the function into the Formula field.
6. Once the userProfileLookup() function in your formula field, click in between the ( ). Then click on the Named Controls and select your People picker field (Or you could use the Common tab > Current User reference as well).
7. After your field reference (which will be displayed in red), add a comma, the inside of quotes put the User Profile that you want to return (WorkPhone, PreferredName, Department, Title, WorkEmail, Click here for full list). Once your formula is done click the OK button.
8. Your Control Setting should look similar to the example below. Click the Save button.
Finished Example: Now when a person is selected in a people picker field, their phone number from their user profile will be returned.