You can create a simple feedback form using a custom list and create a link/button on your homepage to open the feedback form in a popup modal dialog box using a simple html file.
Create a new Feedback list
1. First we will create a new list for our feedback, click on the Site Contents link and then click on add an app.
2. Choose the Custom list template
3. Name your list ‘Feedback’ to make the script work without having to edit it, you can always change the title of the App later. Click the Create button
Create a Feedback Field
We need to create a multi-line feedback column on our form.
4. Inside the Feedback list, click on the List tab, select List Settings
5. In list settings, click on the Create column option
6. Name the field Feedback, select Multiple lines of text.
7. Make the field required and then click the OK button to create the column
Auto populate a Title for the feedback
The title field is required but we don’t want our users to have to enter a title for their feedback. So instead we are going to populate a title for them.
8. Back on the List settings page under the columns section, click on the Title field.
9. At the bottom of the column settings, select Calculated Value for the Default Value settings and then enter the text from the screenshot below.
Click the OK button to save the column
Hide the Title field from the form
Now that our title field has a default value we can hide it from the form.
10. On the List Settings page, click on the Advanced settings option
11. On the advanced settings page, select Yes for Allow managements of content types. Click the OK button to save your advanced settings changes.
11. On the List settings page, you should now see a new Content Types section. Click on the Item Content Type.
12. Click on the Title field
13. Select Hidden for the Column Setting, click OK to save your setting.
14. Click on the Settings breadcrumb at the top of the page to return to the List Settings page.
15. Click on the Feedback breadcrumb to bring you back to the Feedback list.
Modify the default view
Edit the All Items view to show the submitters name and list most recent items first.
16. On the Feedback list, click on the ellipses next to the All Items view and select Modify this View.
17. Check the Display option next to Created By
18. Change the Sort to Created and in descending order. Click the OK button to save your changes.
You view will now be showing the most recent items first with the Created By person’s name on the view.
Download and add the feedback button or link
For o365 Modern pages: you currently can’t embed html files so your best option is to add a Quick Links part to your page. Then add a link directly to the feedback new form, so the url should be something close to this:
https://%5BOrg Name].sharepoint.com/sites/[Site Name]/Lists/Feedback/NewForm.aspx
You can download the zip file below to get the web-form-icon image and use that for the quick link as well:
For all other SharePoint pages:
To get the feedback form to open as a dialog popup box on a page, you will need to download a couple small html files and add them to the sites Site Assets library.
19. Click on the Feedback-Files.zip file to download the zip file
20. Extract the 3 files from the zip file (on PC’s, usually right-click the file and choose Extract all)
21. Add the 3 files to the sites Site Assets library
22. Copy the link/shortcut to either the feedback-button or feedback-link file (depending on if you want to add a feedback button or just a text link to your page).
23. Go to the page you want to add the button/link on, edit the page.
24. Click on the page where you want to insert the button/link, then click on the Insert option and insert a Content Editor webpart.
25. Edit the Content Editor webpart
26. Paste in the URL you copied in step 22, edit the Chrome Type to None, click OK to save the web part settings.
You should now have either a button or a link on your page that opens the feedback form in a popup box for users to submit.